Posted by Rachel
on Jul 11th, 2012 in milestones
Sweet Weston was 6 months old on June 22! It’s hard to believe he’s closer to turning one than to the day he was born!
As each month passes, I find myself falling more and more in love with this little guy. I have loved both of my boys at birth but that love just grows and grows as I get to know them better and we form a relationship.
Weston is still one chunky baby…I love his rolls!
Milestones from Five to Six Months:
- Started solids. I started him about 2 weeks before he was six months old because he was really interested in food. He just seemed to know what to do as far as eating goes but his body wasn’t ready yet. After a few days, I went back to exclusively breastfeeding and started up on foods again once he hit the 6 month mark.
- Almost sitting up. He leans forward but almost there!
- Rolling and moving himself all around.
- Loves to be held. This is both good and bad. I love, love, love that his favorite place to be is in my arms but it makes the days when I’m home with both boys long because he doesn’t want to be put down.
- Loves nursing. He’d nurse pretty much all day if I’d let him.
- Not napping! This is another tough trait. I can’t really complain too much since he does sleep through the night but not having a break during the day is difficult. He’s over tired but will not sleep and I’ve tried everything!
- Adores his brother! They’re really interacting and starting to play together.
- Getting interested in his brother’s toys. Paxton is not too excited about sharing with brother though!
- Got into the diapers for the first time. I heard Paxton saying, “No, no Weston!” and turned around to see Weston pulling the diapers off of the bottom of the changing table!
- Wearing the largest bumGenius setting! He’s a chunky boy!
- Still wearing a variety of clothing sizes. I’ve finally packed away the last of the 3 month items. Most of his summer rompers are 9 months and I’m hoping they’ll fit throughout the rest of the summer. He’s wearing anywhere from 6-12 month shirts and bodysuits and 12-24 month bottoms! The wonderful thing about him being a second baby is I can ‘shop’ Paxton’s clothes…he wears Paxton’s shorts quite frequently!
- Loves drinking water out of a cup! I suppose it makes him feel like a big boy since that’s what we all do!
- Has the best belly laughs!
- Still chewing on his fingers and everything he can pick up but no evidence of teeth.
- Loves being worn. My Ergo is wonderful…he does so well in it when we’re out and about and it’s nice to put him in it on those days when I have to get a few things done around the house.