Our Weekend

I’m finally getting around to posting about our very exciting weekend…

We left home around 11 for a wedding in Cookeville on Saturday. We weren’t sure if we were going to be able to make it because of the snowy weather but we did.

We tried taking Paxton in the wedding but he was babbling on before it even started so Paxton and I watched from the lobby…he barely made a peep out there!

{Doesn’t my baby look huge in this picture? He’s only 8 months but he looks like he’s about 18 months!}

Rebekah was in the wedding! I enjoyed spending some time with her!

We also enjoyed visiting with some of our very dear FFA and college friends!

The picture is a little blurry but pictures of the two of us are few and far between these days!

Precious little man!

We left the wedding around 4:30 and headed to Knoxville (John David needed to go to the Apple Store). When we were half way to Knoxville, John David said he was feeling bad. Well, we got there and while I was waiting on him to get finished in the Apple Store, I started feeling a little bad. We headed home, hoping the 2 hour drive would pass quickly.

We started thinking maybe it’s something we ate . We had the exact same thing for lunch and then had most of the same foods at the wedding. Well, it started getting worse. We stopped 30 minutes later for John David to go to the bathroom. We both were feeling bad but it wasn’t horrible and we only had 1.5 hours to go.

As time went on we both were feeling worse and worse and worse and we both were just praying that we would make it home before getting sick. {And I was thankful there was a plastic bag in my console just in case!}

When we hit the Georgia state line, I was about to lose it so I had John David pull over at the rest area…which was closed at 9:40! I tried to throw up outside but was unable to. We just had 20 more minutes until we were home. {Those were the longest 20 minutes of my life!}

We finally got home at 10 and I ran in the house and to the bathroom and lost it! My wonderful husband managed to unbuckle our precious baby, brought him inside, sat him on the floor before losing it in the kitchen sink. So, we’re both puking and Paxton is just  bawling!

We both finished, rinsed our mouths out and just knew we were going to be all better. Well, we were wrong. We both threw up again…and again…and again! Around 11:30 we headed to bed but were still throwing up. Then there was nothing left on my stomach and I was dry heaving over and over and over. I was incredibly weak and my hands were tingling and we headed to the ER at 1:00. {We’re so thankful that friends from church that live nearby came and stayed at our house with our sleeping babe!}

I heaved on the way to the ER, John David had to help me walk in {and remember he’s very sick too!} They called me back after only about a 10 minute wait and I was in real bad shape and still heaving. My hands were tingling really bad and I couldn’t feel them or move them {I later learned this was the early stages of hyperventilation!} I don’t even want to think about how ridiculous I looked but I couldn’t help it!

They got me into a room and into a gown and checked my blood pressure and temperature. And all through this my incredibly sick husband was helping me…he’s wonderful! I had dry heaves some more in the room, they took my blood to check for possible food poisoning. Then we waited.

I started feeling better and about an hour later they gave me a pill that helped nausea and then gave me fluids since I was dehydrated. And they finally let me have a tiny glass of water, I was so parched! At this point, John David went to pick up some gatorade for himself and Pepto while I was starting to feel better. John David got back and they were almost ready to release me.

The diagnosis was gastroenteritis but we still think it may have been food poisoning. The reason – they said gastroenteritis is highly contagious and they said Paxton would more than likely get it but he didn’t, he hasn’t been sick which we are so thankful for! We also think it’s a little strange that we both got sick at the exact same time and it lasted the same duration…that just doesn’t really happen with viruses.

We finally headed home about 4!

Once we got home, we thanked our friends – bringing a baby to the ER would not have been fun! I had another glass of water and we headed to bed.

Well, my head hit the pillow and I was nauseous! I ran to the bathroom and proceeded to throw up again, losing most of my expensive fluids! I did feel better! Then I got back in bed and it was John David’s turn! When he laid down, we turned out the lights and thankfully we were able to sleep and we slept most of the morning away!

So that was memorable weekend. I don’t think we’ll ever forget this weekend! And sorry for the details and incredibly long post  but I just wanted to write down the entire story!

3 Responses to “Our Weekend”

  1. Sarah says:

    I am so sorry you all felt bad. I hope you don't have to go through that again. Poor Paxton didn't know what was going on.

  2. So sorry that you were sick but I am glad to hear y'all are on the mends! I agree with you, it had to be food poisoning. Both of you getting sick at the same time after eating the same thing. I am also glad to hear that Paxton didnt get sick! Having sick babies is not fun!

  3. Molly says:

    Oh dear, oh dear! I hope you feel better, and I'm glad Paxton didn't get sick, too.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress | Designed by Elegant Themes